Saturday, January 15, 2011

Books

I finished up The Hunger Games triology last night. Clearly this is a series I would never recommend to my students because of their age (and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't let The Oldest read it either if she was only in 7th or 8th grade) but I loved it. I was hooked from the word go and honestly it's been awhile since that has happened for me.

The last book was a lot slower than the first two but I was satisfied with the ending...happy even because as time went on, I felt like the other guy was kind of a jerk and I was glad Katniss didn't end up with him. He didn't seem to have her best interests at heart at all. It was all about the war for him.


In the end, I know some people in the Amazon reviews have mentioned they are distrubed that this is a book being geared toward upper middle schoolers and I would be hesitant there as well but I would let The Oldest read it now that she's in high school because I feel like she would be able to appreciate the themes in it more than she could have in middle school.

I can only hope that "The Girl Who...." series rocks my socks just as much because they're up next on my list after I finish the book I'm currently on.



I wish I could get my students this excited and hooked on reading!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of the Hunger Games Trilogy! My sister just finished "The girl who" series and loved it :)

    ReplyDelete