Sunday, September 5, 2010

School Dreams

This is probably the first year in all of my time as a teacher that I haven't had an overabundance of "school dreams". I've had some, just not as many as I usually have in the weeks leading up to the new school year. I am not sure if the lack of the dreams is because of my excitement at being a real staff member at the school that meant so much to me as a child (and as a student teacher) or if it is because I've had so much time to rest over my uber long summer.

That said, last night I had a whopper of a school dream. Holy crow. Now I have to say a little silent prayer before I go to bed Monday night that I don't trip, pass gas or fall in front of my new students! What an impression that would make, huh?

7 comments:

  1. Thankfully, none of my school dreams/nightmares have come true :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a horrible dream that before school started this year that all of my worst students were back. It was the most dreadful, horrid dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recurring dream I have is the one of being totally unprepared for the 1st day of school! Yikes! Thankfully I tend to overplan for that day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. This post cracked me up because I will go through 'bouts' of dreaming about either the teachers or the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before this year, I had such happy and pleasant dreams and really looked forward to the start of the school year. Now, with a new content area and grade level, the dream sequence has shifted. Now that we are further into the school year, I just keep a permanent smile on my face as the images of the venus flytrap has returned from no where to bite the heads of anyone that annoys me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I was totally thinking of you the other day. I usually have my coffee in the morning, but every now and again, I need that extra kick that only a soda can provide. I went all over the school looking for any caffeinated fizzy drink, and no one had any, but you will not believe how many people offered me money to get one of the machine. People need their caffeine and will help you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ginger -- gah, that would be a huge nightmare for me...because the mass majority of my worst students ever were in last year's class. Ick!!

    @Gladys -- I hear that! My partner teacher laughed at me when I had the first week planned over two weeks in advance...but I've learned the hard way to have way more planned those first few days than you could ever get to!

    @Underground -- I'm giggling at the thought of the Venus Flytrap! I am going to have to remember that mental image for children who just get on your nerves and you can't do anything with them at the moment! And yes, I definitely agree about the caffeine! I have learned to bring my own soda to work because invariably the machine is empty or not working properly.

    ReplyDelete