Thursday, May 27, 2010

Finally...job placement

I have to confess I kind of made a pest of myself to my HR department and I suspect they told me my placement finally to get me to shut up and quit bugging them! Whatever works I guess.

I am SO excited. My dad was absolutely right. I got the 5th grade at the school where I student taught and where I was a former student once myself. I am so downright excited. Seriously, my heart is beating so fast that The Husband told me I needed to calm myself down so I don't bring on a panic attack in my excited state!

I emailed my former cooperating teacher and told her the news because I didn't want her to have to wait until late tonight to find out. We are going to have such a blast, I just know it. And now that I really know where I am going to be, I can turn my attention to really planning for next year in terms of how I want my literacy time and other academic areas to look.

I am beyond stoked.

2 comments:

  1. That is really exciting, I am glad you got what you wanted. ( I just tried to comment and for some reason I don't thin it went through, but if you get this twice...sorry!)

    It is really nice to know in advance what you will be teaching next year so you have time to plan, process, and picture the year ahead!

    Thanks for all of your comments...I love hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is definitely nice to know ahead of time. I am beyond excited about it. I can't wait for school to start again (probably more excited because I'm not currently teaching so I'm plenty rested while all my colleagues are dying for summer vacation to start hehe).

    You are welcome about the comments. I love talking to other teachers about the cool things they are trying in their rooms.

    ReplyDelete